GOT MOLD?

Mold damages what it grows on...

 

And the longer it grows, the more damage it can cause.

Molds are an essential part of the natural environment.  Outdoors, they break down dead organic matter.  But indoors, molds are potentially toxic, and their growth should be prevented.

Let me inspect your home for mold before expensive problems develop.

There are many types of mold, and they reproduce by means of microscopic, airborne spores.  Mold can start growing indoors when its spores float inside from outdoors and land on surfaces that are damp.  Exposure to mold by inhaling or touching mold spores can cause allergic reactions and irritation to the lungs, eyes, skin, nose and throat.

Mold that gets established can gradually destroy the thing it grows on, including home furnishings and structural components.  You can prevent damage to your home and furnishings, save money, and avoid health problems by controlling unwanted moisture intrusion and eliminating potential mold growth.  Protect your investment and your family's health, and let me inspect your home for mold and the warning signs of mold growth.

Mold is not usually a problem indoors—unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and
begin growing. As molds grow, they digest whatever they are growing on. Unchecked mold
growth can damage buildings and furnishings; molds can rot wood, damage drywall, and
eventually cause structural damage to buildings. Mold can cause cosmetic damage, such as
stains, to furnishings. The potential human health effects of mold are also a concern. It is
important, therefore, to prevent mold from growing indoors.

EVERY HOME SHOULD BE TESTED FOR MOLD

According to PRO-LAB millions of homes across America have hidden water leaks that are promoting mold growth that can expose homeowners to mold spores. Mold has a potential to cause health problems like allergies, irritation (to lungs, eyes, skin, throat, nose) and are potentially toxic. Inhaling and touching mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals and normally healthy individuals may become sensitive to mold after exposure.

The EPA states that, “It is important to take precautions to limit your exposure to mold and mold spores. Avoid breathing in mold or mold spores”. The EPA also recommends that if you suspect you have a hidden mold problem you should consider hiring an experienced professional to avoid exposure to potentially massive doses of mold spores.

Testing your home on a regular basis is a prudent way to prevent small problems from growing into a costly and unhealthy situation, and always avoid exposing yourself and others to mold.

IAC2 is the non-profit certifying body for home and building inspectors who have fulfilled certain educational and testing requirements, including those in the area of indoor air quality.

Please visit IAC2.org for more information.

Mold / Moisture Intrusion / Indoor Air Quality Inspection

Averages 1 - 1.5 hours

  • Full color Mold / Moisture Intrusion / Indoor Air Quality Report

  • Results of samples taken are usually provided within 48 hrs of lab receipt Monday - Friday

  • HD images and video of your inspection

  • Wood-Destroying Organism Inspection

  • Infrared Certified Inspection

  • Full Color Home Maintenance Book

  • $10,000 Honor Guarantee

Total Cost:

$175

Sheepdog Home Inspections LLC

Joe Pitocco, Certified Professional Inspector

(660) 342-7537

sheepdogjoe14@gmail.com

 

Areas served in Kansas:

Johnson County, Jackson County, Douglas County, Wyandotte County, Miami County, Shawnee County, Jefferson County and Leavenworth County.

Areas served in Missouri:

Clay County, Platte County, Cass County, Johnson County, LaFayette County, Ray County, Clinton County and Buchanan County.